Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hello blogosphere, nice to join you!



Should I enter the blogosphere, or suffice to be only an avid reader, applauder and commenter forever?  That's a question I've asked myself for a long time.  Some days I find I'm so overwhelmed with the need to express myself that the answer to that question seems almost silly.  Of course I should!  Other days I wonder what in the world I could possibly have to say that is pertinent enough to entice others to read my thoughts.  In those instances, especially when viewed through my protective mother/partner lens, it seems an odd pairing, that of me and the blog world. 

That's when it occurred to me that perhaps I will write these things and no one will ever read it, and that's okay with me.  The final straw that has me writing here today, despite that aforementioned lens, is the fact that I'm a lesbian mother, raising my children in the midst of what I'm certain we will look back on (or even think of as we drudge through it, as is likely the case) as the civil rights movement of the 21st century.  How could I possibly refrain from, at minimum, writing on topics I am passionate about as a means to talk through them in my own head?  Writing for me has always been an outlet, and most often if given the opportunity, I am able to express myself far better with my writing voice than with any other.  So, I will at least write here as a means of open dialogue with the thoughts bouncing around in my head, and should my thoughts inspire someone to read or comment, much less provoke thoughts of change and progress, then it is a mission worth setting out upon. 

I have blogger heroin's of sorts, and I want to set out on this voyage with a word of thanks to them.  http://www.lesbiandad.net/, http://dorothysurrenders.blogspot.com/, http://www.afterellen.com/, and of course all the brilliance of http://www.blogher.com/, among many others - thank you for paving the way so minions like myself have the courage to put finger tips to keyboard and begin entertaining the idea of sharing our innermost thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment